HALEY MELIKIAN portfolio
hydro kitty influencer CAMPAIGN - current - BUDGET: $4,500
In the world of online business, influencer marketing is key. Traditional PR tactics are traded for, ironically, a more personal approach. Influencers have a responsibility to their own brand to keep their content authentic, so partnering with brands and products need to feel organic. I spent about two weeks compiling a list of influencers and outlets to target, and limited the initial push to about ten of each. I spent another two weeks building engagement with these brands online, developing a know/like/trust factor. When I see any engagement on their end, I reach out and pitch them a content piece or offer to send a gift box to review. I am currently in the second month of my contract with this brand, and we have already secured partnerships with half of the target list. The ones that are currently live are HelloGiggles and Beauty Independent with more set to go up during the holiday season as stipulated in our agreements.
spirit of hope luncheon campaign - 2017 - BUDGET: $60,000
As one of few annual benefits hosted by Tower Cancer Research Foundation, the Spirit of Hope Luncheon is depended upon to fund research grants so potential donor attendance is key. We targeted local press outlets for coverage before and after the event, and reached out to local businesses to support the event with posters and fliers. Throughout the campaign, we invited several high-profile doctors to add value to the event by increasing awareness of Tower Cancer Research among the industry. The benefit raised $500k and ticket sales were almost dormant until the campaign began.
THE DEN kids series CAMPAIGN - 2016 - BUDGET: $3,250
The Den created a special six week series for children and families as an intro to meditation, and the goal was not only to fill the classes, but to garner press for the studio from this promotion. With an eight week lead time, I decided to first target mom blogs based in Los Angeles who also had an audience for wellness, and invited them to join the Kid's Series with their families and post a review of their experience. With a few key bloggers confirmed, we brought in a professional photographer who took great images that wound up being shared to an audience of over 200k, and bumped sign ups for the series by 80% after the first week.
REVOLT X FURIOUS 7 PUBLICITY CAMPAIGN - 2015 - BUDGET: $90,000
One of my accounts at REVOLT was Universal Pictures, and there was a big opportunity to do a high-profile campaign around the release of Furious 7. I planned and produced a live event in partnership with the Hollywood and Highland Center that would be televised and promoted on REVOLT's flagship program, REVOLT Live. It was my job to garner as much coverage around the event as possible, and the following tactics were employed, resulting in a sold out crowd of 3,000 potential leads for Universal and tons of high level press coverage for REVOLT (E! Online, Nylon Magazine, Access Hollywood, People.com)
- Working with Universal, we pulled research on the audience demo for Furious 6 and used them to segment REVOLT's audience for a digital ad buy and email marketing campaigns.
- Partnered with several LA area Top 40 radio stations to do ticket giveaways.
- Sent personal invites to brand-specific media outlets and influencers to pre-party hosted by REVOLT.
GLORIANA BREAKTHROUGH ARTIST CAMPAIGN - 2009 - BUDGET: $1,000
A year into my stint as Marketing Manager at Emblem Music Group, Gloriana was nominated for their first televised awards show which was to be fan-voted, meaning we had a short amount of time to come up with a stellar plan to call fans to action. I built and implemented the following plan which caused us to take home the award, beating the better-known Lady Gaga.
- PHASE 1- RESEARCH: Identify upper echelon of "Superfans" (stoneage term for "influencers")
- PHASE 2- OUTREACH: Establish 1:1 communication with Superfans. Offer meet & greets or the like for fans willing to post a certain amount of times asking followers to vote.
- PHASE 3- PIZZA PARTY: The final weekend before voting closes, 20 Superfans across the country are selected for a virtual voting party and given a $50 gift card to a pizza chain to host their friends and family that will spend the evening voting as many times as they could on as many devices as they have.